Pages

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

CandHAUL!

Hey guys, it's my first haul ever and see how I did the "CandHAUL" part? Yea I know it's corny. Anyways, I just came back from shopping at my nearest Bed Bath& Beyond, and oh my gosh I didn't expect to buy so many candles. They were having a really good deal with the votive candles (which are basically sample size/a little smaller than a palm size candle) by Yankee Candle. The deal was that if you buy 9 of the votive candles, then you get another 3 votive candles for free. Obviously I couldn't pass up on that, so instead of buying two medium sized candles (that I was originally going to do), I ended up getting 12 small candles. I felt that would have been a better choice since I really wanted try other scents since I didn't own any Yankee Candles and the size was decent for me. Since I ended up doing this deal, I saved...
($5.97)
(R→L: Pink Sands, Mango Peach Salsa X2, Vanilla Cupcake, Sun& Sand, Vanilla Satin, French Vanilla, Vanilla Lime, Beach Walk, Ocean Side, Lavender Vanilla, Midsummer's Night)

Since the cute packaging looks like cupcake/muffin holders and the colorful candles are sitting inside, they made me think they are yummy cupcakes.


I'll show you the ones I got. Oh, and I'm going to play a little game, I'm going to attempt to describe the smell (I'm not the best at describing scents, but I'll try my best!) and then compare my thoughts to the Yankee Candle's descriptions. Here we go!


Pink Sands - $1.99
My thoughts: It has a really pretty pastel pink color. It definitely has a citrus-y smell, and including a somewhat scent of a sweet melon with a bit of floral.


Yankee Candle's description: "It's an exotic island escape in the beautiful mix of bright citrus, sweet florals and spicy vanilla."
Mango Peach Salsa - $1.99 My thoughts: It's a mango colored candle and it has that mango zesty smell, with some type of spices.


Yankee Candle's description: "Sweet and zesty . . . juicy mangoes and peaches livened with citrus, ginger flowers and pink pepper."
Vanilla Cupcake - $1.99 My thoughts: It's a light buttery color that mainly smells like a really sweet vanilla frosting of the cupcake with some kind of buttery-ness.


The Yankee Candle's description: "The rich, creamy aroma of vanilla cupcakes with hints of lemon and lots of buttery icing."
Sun& Sand - $1.99 My thoughts: It's a beige/sand color candle and I feel like it has somewhat of a very tiny scent of sunscreen with a semi-sweet citrus smell.


The Yankee Candle's description: "A tropical beach breeze of sweet orange flower, lemony citrus, fresh lavender and powdery musk."
Vanilla Satin - $1.99 My thoughts: The color of the candle is a very light pastel pink and I feel that it has a pretty strong scent of a perfume with vanilla and maybe some type of floral cleaning item (not sure).


Yankee Candle's description: "Sophisticated. Classic. A smooth blend of rich vanilla, romantic flowers and sensuous sandalwood."
French Vanilla - $1.99 My thoughts: The color is like an off white/vanilla ice cream candle and to me, it's kind of has a scent of vanilla ice cream with those freshly made cones and a bit of a spice, like cinnamon.



Yankee Candle's description: "Sweet and traditional, the source of the vanilla fragrance is oil extracted from tropical orchids."


Vanilla Lime - $1.99 My thoughts: The candle looks like a green bean color and the scent smells like a sour sweet lime and lemon with hints of vanilla and minty herb.


Yankee Candle's description: "Smooth and refreshing - the creamy richness of vanilla with sweet cane sugar and a zesty lime twist."
Beach Walk - $1.99 My thoughts: The candle is a baby blue/ pastel blue and it has a sweet and sour floral scent, like lavender. It's like the scent of a calm breeze of mint (if that makes sense).


Yankee Candle's description: "Refreshing salt water and sea musk warmed with sunny notes of tangerine and orange blossom."
Oceanside - $1.99 My thoughts: It's a semi light blue candle and to me, it's a scent of baby powder with a bit of lemony/ minty fresh air.


Yankee Candle's description: "A quiet day at the beach . . . the warm, musky scent of calm sea air with touches of citrusy sunshine."
Lavender Vanilla - $1.99 My thoughts: The candle's color is like a grey-purple and it smells like the title, so it means it smells like vanilla and a musky lavender.


Yankee Candle's description: "An oasis of tranquility . . . the perfect mix of fresh lavender and warm vanilla with musk and bergamot."


Midsummer's Night - $1.99 My thoughts: This candle is unique and its color is a black. It has a really strong musky air scent with spearmint and a bit of the forest.



Yankee Candle's description: "An intoxicating and masculine blend of musk, patchouli, sage and mahogany cologne."


p.s. I love the name of this, but maybe it's just because I somewhat recently read the book (Midsummers Night Dream- Shakespeare), hmm?

Here's a link to the candle shop, if you want to check it out: yankeecandle.com Note: I took my pictures in my kitchen because that's the best lighting in my house. Let me know what your favorite Yankee Candle is or another type of candle, I'd love to hear and try different kinds! -xoxo Kalynn

No comments:

Post a Comment